As vaccination numbers increase in the USA and UK we have received several emails from loyal clients who are keen to reserve both private tours and their places on “open” tours for the second half of the European season. Oh, Happy Days! You can see below the confirmed tours that already have available.
Given the still evolving situation regarding Covid I have made a few subtle changes to our terms and conditions regarding cancellation and to our "Guaranteed Departure Policy."
Our “Regular” Guaranteed Departure policy reads:
If you have signed up and paid a deposit for two people, the tour departure is automatically guaranteed. If no one else has signed up 30 days before departure we will notify you and give you the option of cancelling the tour and receiving a full refund, OR of committing to the tour and accepting the “small group” charge of Euro €300 per person for all tours in Italy,
Our Guaranteed Departure Policy for 2021 has been modified to this:
If you have signed up and paid a deposit for two people, the tour departure is automatically guaranteed. If we run the tour just for the two of you, then you accept a “small group” charge of Euro €300 per person.
I have removed the option for the client to cancel the tour 30 days before departure if there is nobody else booked on the tour. I have done this because I think everyone will still want the guarantee that the tour is confirmed as soon as they sign up, and I also want to encourage people to commit to tours even if there are only two people. Although it makes no financial sense for the company to run a tour for just two people many of our guides have not worked during the last 12 months so hopefully this will be a way to at least provide the guides with some work in 2021.
Regarding cancellation terms, they are going to be amended to reflect the situation for the 2021 season:
Our 2021 cancellation terms have been amended to this:
If you decide to cancel your trip, the following fees apply at the time (prior to departure) we receive written notice of your cancellation:
We would be delighted to hear from you about your intentions for travel with us in 2021, should conditions permit. I think we would all be foolhardy to set anything in stone at this point but it would be helpful for us to know your intentions so we can at least start to prepare. I will not ask anyone for deposits until the end of March, when we should have a better idea of where we are all at in terms of the Covid situation. Hopefully by then our respective crystal balls might be a little less hazy!
At this time we have the following tours tentatively confirmed.
Aug 29 Italy - Alta Via Dolomites. Currently 4 people are confirmed. Space is limited. Dennis will guide this tour, and Brett will join if required.
Sept 3 Italy - Dolomites Grand Traverse. 2 people are signe up with 2 more possibles. Marco will be guiding this tour. This is Dolomites tour that we have been running for REI Adventures since 2015.
Sept 13 Greece - Meteroa and Zagori. 11 people confirmed with room for 3 more. Brett and Dimitris are the guides.
Oct 10, Italy – Tuscany Val d’Orcia and Maremma. 4 people confirmed with room for 10 more. Francesca, Manuela, or Manu will guide this tour.
Toll free Canada & USA
please note this will ring through to our office in New Zealand and will be answered between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. New Zealand time.
(+64) 021 0711972
(+39) 0577 749198
Italian operations office
You can also leave a message, but communication by email is more reliable because during the season we are often on tour, and not in the office.